I bought a Grizzly GO453Z planer about 8 months ago, and it will probably be the last tool from Grizzly I'll ever buy. When I first bought the planer, right out of the crate there was chipped paint and movement in the table, should have turned around and returned it. At first I thought this movement was natural, but it hurt accuracy even though it was only about 6/100". After calling Grizzly tech support and talking to a guy who had no clue what he was talking about, I finally realized that the back left lead screw isn't set to the right height. All I theoretically had to do was undo the master link in the chain that turns the sprockets to turn the lead screws to raise /lower the table, and turn the one to fit. Then I ran into the problem that there's not enough room beside the sprocket for the chain to come off without movimg the sprocket. I managed to pull the chain off, but it rotated two sprockets, setting those two lead screws out of wack, and I can't put the chain back on right. In order to do it right, I have to take the table off the base which includes several processes, and I'm still not guaranteed to get it set right.
This is really stressing me out, and I don't have the time to fix it, plus I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm wondering if there's possibly services out there that drive to my house to fix this kind of stuff, and how much a repair like this would cost if they did.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This is really stressing me out, and I don't have the time to fix it, plus I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm wondering if there's possibly services out there that drive to my house to fix this kind of stuff, and how much a repair like this would cost if they did.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Having some kind of company come out and fix my planer? Have any advice?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire