Amana is advertising a new adjustable dado set which cuts grooves less than 1/4". http://ift.tt/1BhIjQ4 It sure would be nice to be able to make a single pass to cut a dado for "quarter-inch" plywood. I've tried the old wobble dado heads, and they cause unacceptable chip-out.
So the question is whether this new dado head is a wobbler. Amana doesn't describe how it works. But I don't think they'd be making this much a stink about it if was just a wobbler. When I squint closely at the photo on the linked page, maybe I'm seeing that the blade is cut into segments, so the segments can be displaced from each other to cut the dado. Does anybody know how the thing works?
Or even better, has anybody tried one?
So the question is whether this new dado head is a wobbler. Amana doesn't describe how it works. But I don't think they'd be making this much a stink about it if was just a wobbler. When I squint closely at the photo on the linked page, maybe I'm seeing that the blade is cut into segments, so the segments can be displaced from each other to cut the dado. Does anybody know how the thing works?
Or even better, has anybody tried one?
Amana new thin-kerf dado set?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire