as some of you may know, I recently started working on my own little work space and tools for my place in nyc. After buying some clamps, saws, chisels, hand planes, and other small tools, it really added up fast. I have a design ready and plan on making a simple version of the roubo bench. About 3 in thick for the top. Im going to add two vices on the side to clamp wood. Like this http://ift.tt/1NyhEUcJust something cheap until I get more money and do more heavy duty work.I pretty much need a tail vise to hand plane wood. Anywhere from smaller cheese boards to dining tablesBut for a tail vise, I was thinking of getting the same vise, add some wood clamps, and put it on the tail and use bench dogs for longer pieces of wood. Or I was thinking of using a wonder dog. The wonder dog cost a little more but still affordable, but with the wonder dog I lose some real estate to work on and wondering if they're stable enough.Also any other opinions on vises that are more affordable?The verita tail end vises from LV look great but at 300 dollars, its also something I can't afford. There is this tail vise but no idea how to install it. http://ift.tt/1NyhEUg and still not too expensive.
Workbench vise vs wonderdog
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire