I haven't posted here for some time now, however I finally have something to show.
I started on this coffee table perhaps 8-9 months back by glueing up the top and doing the butterfly keys, then it just sat around the shop waiting for further inspiration.
I wanted to do something different for the base, when finally I settled on a 3 legged design and this is my take on it.
Table top is Walnut ( live edge ) base legs are also Walnut ( live edge ) with a lower stretcher of figured maple to tie in with the butterfly keys.
Joints are all assembled with either M & T or notched bridle joints. Table top measures 1 3/8"thick x 21" at the narrow end with the butterfly keys and 24" at the other by 51" in length.
These pictures show the table with it's first coat of finish applied.
I started on this coffee table perhaps 8-9 months back by glueing up the top and doing the butterfly keys, then it just sat around the shop waiting for further inspiration.
I wanted to do something different for the base, when finally I settled on a 3 legged design and this is my take on it.
Table top is Walnut ( live edge ) base legs are also Walnut ( live edge ) with a lower stretcher of figured maple to tie in with the butterfly keys.
Joints are all assembled with either M & T or notched bridle joints. Table top measures 1 3/8"thick x 21" at the narrow end with the butterfly keys and 24" at the other by 51" in length.
These pictures show the table with it's first coat of finish applied.
Walnut live edge coffee table
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire