Roy Underhill Portable Workbench

dimanche 1 mars 2015








I got my new workbench completely assembled today. It's not 'finished' per say since I still have some cosmetic details to do and some bolts to trim shorter. It however completely useable now. No longer just a top on some sawhorses.



I'll be making a shelf to drop on the stretchers behind the cross braces. That way I can pile some boxes of tools on there to add a bit of weight. I also need to make the crochet, a shooting board and a moxon vise to fully accessorize it. I'll probably put some rubber over the feet to give it some more grip as well.



I decided to build this bench after seeing it on Steve Branams blog. He has a great three part post on building it with plenty of details. I used his build details to create a Sketchup model to my own dimensions. So far I'm thrilled with it. It's not an 8' behemoth for sure, but for living room woodworking it seems to be just perfect.

(45e)

Roy Underhill Portable Workbench

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels