Took this guy:
Apart.jpg
Sanded it down, cleaned up the irons, sharpened what's left of the blade (2 1/8") flattened the twisted sole and now to test on my trusty white oak knot.
knot.jpg
I will be replacing the tote with a slightly larger one and will probably order a new iron from Hock. This plane is so sweet with just a little functional tune up. As a note, this is the first time I've ever had to sand a wooden plane but that finish was too terrible. Now that I'm assured it can and will function properly the real work begins... This one will not be found on the wall of a local chain restaurant but making music as it should be!
Apart.jpg
Sanded it down, cleaned up the irons, sharpened what's left of the blade (2 1/8") flattened the twisted sole and now to test on my trusty white oak knot.
knot.jpg
I will be replacing the tote with a slightly larger one and will probably order a new iron from Hock. This plane is so sweet with just a little functional tune up. As a note, this is the first time I've ever had to sand a wooden plane but that finish was too terrible. Now that I'm assured it can and will function properly the real work begins... This one will not be found on the wall of a local chain restaurant but making music as it should be!
Saved an old woody jack plane
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire