Rout before or after laminating router table top

mardi 10 mars 2015

I'm building an extension for my TS that will house a Porter Cable 75182 mounted in a Woodpecker PRL-V2 lift. I've completed the extension and am ready to laminate the top. I'm curious as to what is the best order to follow:



Laminate the top before routing the recess for the lift or…Rout the recess then laminate and follow up with a trim of the laminate to the recess?



My initial thought was to laminate first and then rout the recess but I was just told by a Woodpecker rep to rout then laminate. That seems counterintuitive. I'm concerned that the bit will grab at the loose laminate suspended over the recess and cause cracking. In addition if I rout the recess to the right depth for the lift plate and then laminate I have just now made the lift sit too low in the hole.



Opinions?

(4df)

Rout before or after laminating router table top

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels