Needed... 10' 2x4s (preferably quartersawn)

mardi 10 mars 2015

No perfect forum for this one, but this should reach enough of the appropriate audience...



We closed on our old house this past Friday, which means I'm out of a proper shop. The new house has nearly 10' ceilings in the basement, so my current stockpile of 8' 2x4s will not work (conveniently). Every time I go to Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., I need to pick through their stock to get wood that won't warp... at a paltry rate of about 20% useable.



I'm looking for suggestions on where to get 10' lengths of 2x4s that will all (or at least mostly) be quartsawn to avoid warpage. I would prefer a place that would deliver, and I'm thinking a couple of pallets worth would do me. Should I be looking for a specific type of company? Would sawmills typically have something like this in stock (and already dry), or should I be looking elsewhere?



Specific suggestions in/around the Glenelg, MD area would be ideal :)



Thanks!

(4df)

Needed... 10' 2x4s (preferably quartersawn)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels