OK...I have ATT U-Verse. I use a parental control router that is connected to the u-verse router.
Before we went to this new Motorola NVG589 router that ATT provided us when we upgraded our u-verse, I was using an iBoss router for parental controls. They were connected via cable from the u-verse LAN port to the WAN port on the iBoss router. This worked without any configuration work on my part and it....worked. The old iBoss router gave up finally and I found Buc Tools router that was more current, faster wireless speeds and a better overall router with cheaper annual fees for parental control tables.
Since we upgraded and ATT put in this new NVG589 router, I can't seem to get this working like the instructions that came with it. The strange thing is.....I get connected fine, but internet connectivity fails on host name resolution. If I go to Google via it's IP address, I can get there. If I use just www.google.com, then it fails on host name resolution (DNS lookup).
ATT NVG580 is on 192.168.1.x, 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.....and the Buc Tools router is on 192.168.10.x, 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.
The Buc router gets it's IP address from the NVG589 ATT router.
Anybody see how to resolve this issue?
Before we went to this new Motorola NVG589 router that ATT provided us when we upgraded our u-verse, I was using an iBoss router for parental controls. They were connected via cable from the u-verse LAN port to the WAN port on the iBoss router. This worked without any configuration work on my part and it....worked. The old iBoss router gave up finally and I found Buc Tools router that was more current, faster wireless speeds and a better overall router with cheaper annual fees for parental control tables.
Since we upgraded and ATT put in this new NVG589 router, I can't seem to get this working like the instructions that came with it. The strange thing is.....I get connected fine, but internet connectivity fails on host name resolution. If I go to Google via it's IP address, I can get there. If I use just www.google.com, then it fails on host name resolution (DNS lookup).
ATT NVG580 is on 192.168.1.x, 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.....and the Buc Tools router is on 192.168.10.x, 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.
The Buc router gets it's IP address from the NVG589 ATT router.
Anybody see how to resolve this issue?
Router behind a router - Home Network
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire