House hunting...and I need some workshop advice

lundi 9 mars 2015

Hi folks,



I'm about to take a big step, and it's not the fact that my wife and I are going to be first-time homeowners, it's that I'll finally be able to create a workspace of my own. I guess my question is really pretty simple: what are my rough cost options for building an outbuilding?



I just need some basic price points. I don't want to have to convert a garage space into a workshop. On the other hand, the better the shop, the less we have for house.



What I'd like- a nice 20x30 space. I could cut costs by doing the siding and roofing, window installation, door installation myself. I know nothing about electrical, so I won't touch that at all.



I'm just trying to fill in the blank: We can afford to spend x on a house because a workshop will cost roughly ________ to build. I'd like to not use a garage space if possible, but I will. I've given my wife total control over every decision, including location, with one caviat- I get my own space. It's a pretty amenable agreement.



Thanks,

Mac

(575)

House hunting...and I need some workshop advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels