I have zero knowledge of house construction so I am asking for advice so I do this right.
When our greenhouse was built, there was a PTAC unit installed in this opening:
PTAC Opening.jpgPTAC Opening2.jpg
Last summer we had a mini split installed in the room and I want to remove this unit at the end of this month. I plan on cutting a piece of OSB the size of the opening and attaching blocks to it. Then, when I push it into place, I can nail the blocks to the existing opening. Does this sound OK? I can buy a roll of insulation to pack the opening.
Do I have to cover the outside with house wrap? Will a piece of visqueen work? How do I seal this from the weather? I hate to buy a roll of house wrap for this 2' x 4' hole. I have the siding and a piece of the sheathing they covered the inside with so I can make it look like it was never there.
Thanks for your help.
Take Care...
When our greenhouse was built, there was a PTAC unit installed in this opening:
PTAC Opening.jpgPTAC Opening2.jpg
Last summer we had a mini split installed in the room and I want to remove this unit at the end of this month. I plan on cutting a piece of OSB the size of the opening and attaching blocks to it. Then, when I push it into place, I can nail the blocks to the existing opening. Does this sound OK? I can buy a roll of insulation to pack the opening.
Do I have to cover the outside with house wrap? Will a piece of visqueen work? How do I seal this from the weather? I hate to buy a roll of house wrap for this 2' x 4' hole. I have the siding and a piece of the sheathing they covered the inside with so I can make it look like it was never there.
Thanks for your help.
Take Care...
Advice needed for closing hole in wall
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire