Creating some scarfs with White oak rails on a dinghy and looking for techniques folks have used for gluing and their opinions of how those held up. I was going to use a 12:1 and hand sand with a board to get a flush tight fit (rails are curved).
What I've done in the past is used epoxy, and no special preparation, and that worked. Some are still perfect after 15 -20 years or more. I've also used resorcinol - but realized I currently don't have any. Is there special prep I should be considering if I think the area is likely to be under some stress?
Thanks
What I've done in the past is used epoxy, and no special preparation, and that worked. Some are still perfect after 15 -20 years or more. I've also used resorcinol - but realized I currently don't have any. Is there special prep I should be considering if I think the area is likely to be under some stress?
Thanks
Adhesives and White Oak
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire