Need a router finally

dimanche 22 février 2015

While I have avoided it for a lifetime (to this point) i do have to buy a router.



I have specific need for one and it will round out my handheld power tool lineup. I don't have a great jigsaw but it is is adequate giving the number of times I actually use a jigsaw. It works OK; Not better than OK but it does the jobs I have for a jigsaw and most importantly appears to do them safely....an important element I think when discussing a tool that one is not using often.



I envision the router as a tool that one might want to be a bit more cautious about. I could be totally wrong but of those two tools, jigsaw or router, I would have more willingness to spend for better quality on the router than on the jigsaw.



The contestants seem to be the Bosch plunge and fixed base kit router, the Porter Cable and the Festool. About the only negative comment I have seen on the Bosch has to do with its adaptability to the Porter Cable lift I think. But then others comment that a $10 part gets you past that if it is a concern for you.



Just going by what information I can pick up. I think I would lean toward the Bosch mainly because it is so much more economical than the Festool....not much more than the Porter Cable while getting really quote good support from users and reviewers alike. However I guess if I came away from sorting these things feeling like the difference in the Festool and the Bosch was worth every penny of the Festool's expense well then I would probably bite the bullet and buy the Festool as I don't want to muck this particular purchase up if I can help it. But By Gosh that Bosch kit can be had so economically now that it is hard to walk away from it if in the market for a router.



Fortunately, my impression is that there a users familiar the router offerings from both Festool and Bosch but please anybody that has even an opinion should feel free to comment.



Thanks

(19c)

Need a router finally

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels