What can you tell me about this stand or a similar one ?

samedi 21 février 2015

The Hotel is The Plaza Hotel in New York City.

The room scene is from the movie Home Alone 2.

In theory it is in one of the finest rooms at The Plaza.



The glimpse of the table has stuck with me over the years and I have a good reason to make one for a thank you gift.



I recalled it as a very small rectangular top but now that I have focused on this project I see that it is an oval top.



The one in the movie looks to me to have narrower and perhaps longer legs than the one I found in my American Furniture book.



The bent wood may be more than I want to tackle; I haven’t considered that yet because moments ago I discovered it was oval not square. Maybe it was cut from the solid like a bow front Bombay drawer. I don't know.



Maybe I would be better off building a version of the square top table in the last photo (from the same book) . . . but more on the order of the first one : more basic lower bottom shelf, smaller foot print, no casters etc.



What can you tell me?

Any plans or diagrams of either of them any where you know of ?

Has any one seen the actual stand ? In that room or other wise ?



Thank you !


Attached Images



(3b5)

What can you tell me about this stand or a similar one ?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels