Hi,
SS technology is no doubt a great advantage when one needs it. No debate and no need to debate this.
But if one does the math it appears that serious injury is still possible even when using a SS.
I read somewhere in the past that a couple of SS users lost or severely damaged their fingers.
I do not have a clue if this is truth or fiction. I would like to know though.
The video showing the saw stop owner pushing his finger into the blade shows him moving at almost slow motion speed as compared to the speed of an unexpected kickback.
I do not have the figures, but I remember seeing some specification regarding the speed the blade pulls away after sensing skin contact, and at that time when I compared this to the speed a finger might be moving during an unexpected event, it seemed possible that a finger could be lost on a SawStop saw.
Granted SS technology is great and MUCH better than not having it.
Just curious. Did some SS owners actually suffer serious injury or is this just an meaningless urban legend?
SS technology is no doubt a great advantage when one needs it. No debate and no need to debate this.
But if one does the math it appears that serious injury is still possible even when using a SS.
I read somewhere in the past that a couple of SS users lost or severely damaged their fingers.
I do not have a clue if this is truth or fiction. I would like to know though.
The video showing the saw stop owner pushing his finger into the blade shows him moving at almost slow motion speed as compared to the speed of an unexpected kickback.
I do not have the figures, but I remember seeing some specification regarding the speed the blade pulls away after sensing skin contact, and at that time when I compared this to the speed a finger might be moving during an unexpected event, it seemed possible that a finger could be lost on a SawStop saw.
Granted SS technology is great and MUCH better than not having it.
Just curious. Did some SS owners actually suffer serious injury or is this just an meaningless urban legend?
Urban legend or...did it happen? Sawstop question
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire