This in NOT a thread to discuss why I should go to a sawstop for the safety features, Lord knows I understand the reasons. My main struggle is like many others I'm sure. I had my mind set on the grizzly rlx with 50 inch table, 3HP, but I find myself comparing it to the Jet, which I own many Jet tools and totally satisfied. Then, I think, not too far from the cost of the sawstop. All of a sudden I go from a ~$1500 saw to a ~$2000 to a ~$3000 saw.
Couple things at play, when I work this through my mind.
Please respond if you've been down this road. I really would appreciate the thoughts, maybe regrets.
Couple things at play, when I work this through my mind.
- Any saw will be an upgrade from the 1 1/2 hp Ridgid that has served me well for the last 10yrs plus.
- I want to buy a saw that will outlast me and my needs
- I don't want to be penny wise, pound foolish
- I don't have unlimited funds and I have others tools i would like to upgrade (6 inch jointer, 14 inch bandsaw, drill press)
- I am starting a small business after years of requests from many, so accuracy, ease of use, would be nice.
Please respond if you've been down this road. I really would appreciate the thoughts, maybe regrets.
Struggling with table saw purchase
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire