I rarely use water-based finishes. I had occasion to use Minwax Polycrylic yesterday for the first time in a long time because I wanted a finish that wouldn't yellow a white-stained surface.
The lip of the can was pretty rusted and, when I opened the can, a lot of rust debris fell into the finish. Of course, the oil-based finishes I'm used to don't have this rust problem.
How do regular users of water-based finishes deal with the tendency for the cans to rust ? Do you store the finish in a different container ? Do you put an inert gas inside the can ?
What's the best way to store water-based finishes over time ?
The lip of the can was pretty rusted and, when I opened the can, a lot of rust debris fell into the finish. Of course, the oil-based finishes I'm used to don't have this rust problem.
How do regular users of water-based finishes deal with the tendency for the cans to rust ? Do you store the finish in a different container ? Do you put an inert gas inside the can ?
What's the best way to store water-based finishes over time ?
Storing water-based finishes
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire