Proper detensioning of the bandsaw blade for periods of inactivity

mardi 17 février 2015

Now this might seem like a dumb as dirt question. So I apologize for that. All the bandsaws I have ever worked on before have either been large (not my own) or smallish (some of them my own). None until this one have had a tension handle. All the others have had tension wheels and some really small ones....tension knobs.



So this is my first with a tension arm/handle. I know the standard instruction is to take tension off the blade via the arm/handle while not in use. I think that means, just take some of the tension off as opposed to detensioning the blade all the way. All the way and the blade is just sort of hanging there draped over the wheels.



However if that is in fact what should be done, I am OK with it. Just does not make as much sense to me as simply taking max tension off the system while not in use. Just partially detensioning the system at least keeps enough there so that the blade stays pretty much where it should be just with less tension. Does that make the most sense or should one truly detension all the way, meaning drop the handle to its full detensioned position?

(1c7)

Proper detensioning of the bandsaw blade for periods of inactivity

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels