Need help with table top movement issue

samedi 21 février 2015

Hey there everyone I'm new to this site and not sure if this is the appropriate place for this post so I apologize if its not. Anyway my question is I made a coffee table about a year ago. I have recently had some trouble with cupping its about an 1/8" on one side and 1/16" on the other the top is two 5/4 book matched maple boards 50" in length and 18" wide. When I attached the top I didn't have a good understanding of wood movement and I attached the top with with figure eight fasteners instead of buttons. I was told that this would not allow for movement if they were used length wise along the grain. I also only put poly on the top and sides of the top. Are either of these things responsible for my cupping issue and if so is there anything I can do to fix it? Also if you notice because of the design I can only attach the top length wise so screwing it to the base doesn't really pull it flat.


Attached Images



(3b5)

Need help with table top movement issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels