Dust Collection Cyclone Upgrade

lundi 23 février 2015

I am going to upgrade my current dust collector hopefully by the end of this year. I would like to keep my current plumbing due to the fact it is all 26g with 24g long sweeping elbows and I have a lot of money tied up in this system already. My concern is everything I have read about dust collection it is recommended running 6" to the tools. My existing system was just fine until I added a 24" drum sander and now my filter clogs so quickly and my Uni-Saw never has been good with my current system.



My question is using my existing plumbing should I go to a 2hp. or 3hp cyclone unit. I will be venting my new unit outside my shop.



I am looking at all the usual suspects for a cyclone, Clear Vue, Onieda, Penn State and Grizzly. I am leaning towards the 2hp Grizzly cyclone as I am very happy with my other Grizzly purchases and I can install with out modifications to the room my current collector is located. I do understand when I get a new unit I will have to modify the piping into the room as cyclones have the inlet at the top and my current collector is at the bottom.



I have tried to figure out CFM through the system but I really don't understand all the math that is involved.



I attached two pic's, one is my current shop layout and the other is a plumbing layout. Hopefully I have given enough information and I could send a few pics of the piping in my shop if this would help.



Any help would be appreciated.



Bill


Attached Files



(ac)

Dust Collection Cyclone Upgrade

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels