I was working on fitting the endcap to my Split Top Roubo, and found that it had some rock'n'roll action going. The endcap is a sandwich of purpleheart, hard maple, and purpleheart. The purpleheart (PH) is a bear to handplane, plus there were some other issues (I'll be heading over to the Neander side with those questions) which led me to take a shot at doing it on my PM 6" jointer.
No luck. I'm still getting the rocking, from corner to corner. I don't know if it is my technique or if there's a problem with my jointer. The rocking is corner to corner. Even when I reversed my feed direction, same result.
So, jointer, technique, or both?
No luck. I'm still getting the rocking, from corner to corner. I don't know if it is my technique or if there's a problem with my jointer. The rocking is corner to corner. Even when I reversed my feed direction, same result.
So, jointer, technique, or both?
Bad Day Jointing....
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire