Another Plane Question...

vendredi 20 février 2015

Here's another plane I inherited from the Father-in-law. It's a Bedrock, with #608 on it and about 23" long. I took it apart and just gave it a good brushing just to get rid of decades of dirt, sawdust and the like. It's been welded on the wide part of the sides, however with a good straight edge on the sole, I only see lite in the trailing 3"...maybe .002 to .005 worth. The mouth has some wear and looks a little chipped, but smooth.

Not being experienced with planes, I need to know anything you can tell me about sharpening, set up and adjustment of this plane. All the parts are there and seem to move smoothly, once they were cleaned up. By the way, it looks like it could use a good cleaning with lacquer thinner, but I'll wait for advice on that. Thanks for the help.

(1ca)

Another Plane Question...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels